Postcard marketing often tends to lack the personal feel of a phone call or face-to-face interaction.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
When creating a direct mail postcard campaign, try putting a photo of one of your employees (or sales reps) on the back. Make the card seem like it’s coming directly from that person. Studies have shown that these pictures nearly always boost response rates — and not just for postcard marketing. Emails, brochures, even TV commercials generate better results when they include a real person presenting the offer.
Your customers will feel more comfortable responding your postcard marketing if they think there’s someone specific they can talk to. It’s an immediate realization that, “Oh, I can talk to that guy,” or “She looks nice, I’ll give her a call.”
Faceless 800 numbers often intimidate customers, even if they don’t directly realize it. Almost instantly, that customer has decided they won’t respond right away. But behind that decision is the thought of calling your office, explaining the promotion (possibly to someone who won’t even know about it), waiting on hold, being redirected to others in office, and then re-explaining everything again.
Putting one picture of an employee in your postcard market eliminates the possibility of that thought process occurring.
It doesn’t have to a large photo. Just a small mug shot on the back and some contact information. To make it extra personal, include the person’s phone extension and email address.
In all marketing — not just promotional postcards — the slightest personal touch goes a long way.
Recommended Books on Postcard Marketing:
- The Ultimate Postcard Marketing Success Manual: Increase Sales & Boost Branding – All for the Price of a Stamp!
- Easy Postcard Marketing: How To Increase Your Customers and Profits with Postcards
- The Direct Mail Solution: A Business Owner’s Guide to Building a Lead-Generating, Sales-Driving, Money-Making Direct-Mail Campaign
- Postcard Marketing Success: How to Use Postcard Marketing To Promote Your Business (Marketing Matters)
- Marketing With Postcards: Top Ten Ways to Use Postcards to Promote Your Business