“No” is perhaps the most important and certainly the most powerful word in the language. Every day we find ourselves in situations where we say No — to people at work, at home, and in our communities — because No is the word we must use to protect ourselves and to stand up for everything and everyone that matters to us.
But as we all know, the wrong No can also destroy what we most value by alienating and angering people. That’s why saying No the right way is crucial. The secret to saying No without destroying relationships lies in the art of the Positive No, a proven technique that anyone can learn.
This indispensable book gives you a simple three-step method for saying a Positive No. It will show you how to assert and defend your key interests; how to make your No firm and strong; how to resist the other side’s aggression and manipulation; and how to do all this while still getting to Yes. In the end, the Positive No will help you get not just to any Yes but to the right Yes, the one that truly serves your interests.
Based on William Ury’s celebrated Harvard University course for managers and professionals, The Power of a Positive No: Save The Deal Save The Relationship and Still Say No offers concrete advice and practical examples for saying No in virtually any situation. Whether you need to say No to your customer or your coworker, your employee or your CEO, your child or your spouse, you will find in this book the secret to saying No clearly, respectfully, and effectively.
In today’s world of high stress and limitless choices, the pressure to give in and say Yes grows greater every day, producing overload and overwork, expanding e-mail and eroding ethics. Never has No been more needed. A Positive No has the power to profoundly transform our lives by enabling us to say Yes to what counts — our own needs, values, and priorities.
Understood this way, No is the new Yes. And the Positive No may be the most valuable life skill you’ll ever learn!
Recommended Books on How to Say No:
- How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty: And Say Yes to More Time, and What Matters Most to You
- The Power of a Positive No: Save The Deal Save The Relationship and Still Say No
- Too Nice for Your Own Good : How to Stop Making 9 Self-Sabotaging Mistakes
- Boundaries Workbook: When to Say Yes When to Say No To Take Control of Your Life
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
About the Author:
- Positive Energy: How to Develop it as a Leader
- 10 Tips to Effective E-mail Communication
- How to Become More Successful by Getting Rid of Everything Rotten in Your Life
- 11 Simple Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurship
- Secrets of Word of Mouth Marketing