We always have to deal with different people in everyday life as well as at work. To be able to negotiate is not a talent, but a set of knowledge, skills, and experience.
These abilities will be useful not only for those who are planning to arrange a business meeting, but also who want to talk with confidence and achieve the desired results, for example, on a date. After having read the list of tips, you can go to Hookup Geek websites to test and apply your acquired knowledge. There you will find the list of the best dating sites, which are rated according to the extensive criteria. There are various categories, that is, you will pick what attracts you most.
As you can see, negotiating techniques will be useful to everyone in ordinary life as wells as in business.
For those who are going to negotiate, it is essential to understand that it is not a lottery or a matter of fate. Therefore, relying on luck, in this case, is not worth it. You need to remember that there are rules for conducting business appointments that cannot be violated if you do not want to spoil your reputation in business circles:
- Always make an appointment in person, especially if the stakes are high
- Find out what your opponent needs and use it to your advantage. Anyway, you need to conduct business negotiations after first familiarizing yourself with the enemy.
- Express your thoughts clearly, briefly, so that your opponent does not have the impression that you are a lax amateur who has nothing to offer
- When addressing the person you are talking to, call him or her by the first name instead of using pronouns
- Never accept an offer right away, even if it seems more or less attractive to you
- It is better to start negotiating. As a result, you may achieve a better outcome
- End business negotiations with a clear conclusion to make sure that you and your opponent understand each other correctly
These are the basics of conducting a business appointment. Sticking to them will guarantee your success.
Do you know what is guaranteed to surprise a nervous interlocutor? It is your absolute calm and confidence. During negotiations, no matter how difficult they are, never lose your temper. If you show your emotions or cry out, then you lose. The majority stick precisely this tactic: to make mad the opponent and in this way achieve what they want. Do not let yourself be like that.
During negotiations, you need to behave, imagining that you are an unshakable, self-confident rock, which no waves can handle. If the opponent sees your strength, confidence, and ability to control emotions in any situation, he or she will compromise.
The 80/20 rule
This rule is also called the Pareto law on behalf of the Italian economist and sociologist Wilfredo Pareto. This man revealed such a pattern that only 20% of the efforts lead to 80% of the result and vice versa – 80% of the energy will only result in a performance of 20%. Pareto law is often used in business. For example, entrepreneurs know that about 20% of customers bring 80% of the profit, which means that you need to focus on them.
Wise leaders motivate 20% of the best employees because they understand that it is they who carry out 80% of the work. The 80/20 rule can and should be used to conduct business negotiations. You should know that only 20% of the issues you bring will give 80% of the result, while the remaining 80% will be almost empty chatter. So you need to identify these 20 effective percent and focus on them.
You can also use the Pareto law during business negotiations to gain control over time. For example, experienced negotiators claim that almost 80% of compromises are reached in the last 20 minutes of talks. Your task is to ensure that your opponent compromises, not you.
Watch out for non-verbal communication
In the process of communicating with words, no more than 10% of information is transmitted. We can ‘hear’ the rest of it thanks to non-verbal manifestations, such as gestures, intonation, and timbre of the voice. They are a reflection of the unconscious, demonstrating real motives. If what a person says is counterintuitive according to their manifestations, then the negotiations will cause discomfort and distrust.
To avoid this, you should gesture and monitor your intonation consciously. For example, do not use closed poses during negotiations – crossed arms or legs. Your opponent might interpret such postures as the desire to hide something or to isolate yourself.
These are the tips of negotiating, compliance with which will allow you to find a compromise with partners, and grow your business efficiently. Besides, they will contribute to your social life itself, allowing you to contact anyone to get anything. To check it, use HookupGeek and enhance your communicational skills.
- How to Live Up to Your Greatest Potential
- The Communication Methods Every Entrepreneur Should Master
- How to Build Self-Confidence to Achieve Success
- How to Become More Successful by Getting Rid of Everything Rotten in Your Life
- 10 Winning Strategies Entrepreneurs Can Learn from the David & Goliath Story