Finding the best candidate for an open position is a task that demands much time and efforts. We can tell you that a couple of decades ago recruiters could not rely on software as much as they do now simply because potential candidates weren’t yet comfortable with using online technology to find and apply for jobs.
Today the internet and social networks have changed all that. Online networks and tools make it possible for candidates and recruiters to find and communicate with each other.
The most important human resource
But social networks are just the tip of the iceberg. Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), especially those integrated into the cloud, are probably is the most important modern invention of human resources. A complex and well-organized ATS helps to improve the productivity of the hiring manager’s work as it cuts down the time the manager uses to find a new employee. By maintaining a database of potential candidates, you, as recruiters, today can make use of all work they’ve done in the past.
What is the software help?
The specific human resources-related software is the key to making your business successful in the modern world of technology. You are aware that today, there are no borders in the information exchange and recruiters are able to hire specialists remotely from all over the world. That technology is changing the job market drastically.
A number of candidates who desire to work in your company might be huge, which makes it impossible for a recruiter to check all the resumes and detect the most promising one. Many candidates pay for writing papers Eduzaurus because they aren’t good in resume writing skills. Moreover, many recruiters can miss a suitable candidate because of the paperwork.
Besides, the need to have a whole department of people just to look through resumes requires additional spending. But there is a very helpful tool called Applicant tracking systems (ATS). Its main role is to ease the process of search. With its help, you will likely find the person who fits all your requirements saving time, money and human resources.
ATS can do everything for you in terms of finding a good employee but you must make the first step – the interview.
Some theory about ATS
Applicant tracking system has become a fundamental software tool for any business. They have hundreds of pros and only one serious con – it’s a digital platform that requires a thorough eye for filling it in. In other words, to make it work perfectly, you need to be precise: with keywords, necessary skills and years of experience your future employee is obliged to have.
Without working at this important step, you might end up with a bunch of improper resumes on your table. Josh Bersin, CEO, and president of Bersin & Associates company notes that since all applicant tracking systems use the same parsing software to read resumes, the results his company found would be typical of most systems, – as cio.com reports.
What you should do to make ATS work at its best is to set the requirements for the candidates clearly. Thus, you will make a search engine optimized and will hire the professional person to be a decent member of your team.
Which applicant tracking systems are the best
Let’s take a look at the most successful Applicant tracking systems that can work for you right now. Each of them is a user-friendly and efficient way to recruit the employees with diverse skills. In addition to detecting the needed set of employee’s features, ATS also systemize all the personal information from address to professional experience. Meaning, recruiters can even track how far from the office an applicant lives. Using applicant tracking system, you get access to:
- Screening the applicants;
- Testing them;
- Making a schedule for the interview;
- Manage the whole process of hiring step by step;
- Checking links and references.
Choose the best ATS for your company
Applicant tracking software is available under numerous brand names, and each program possesses its own special features. What is really pleasing it’s the fact of choice to use free or chargeable options. Some of the paid programs provide free trials so that a recruiter can test it thoroughly before incorporating it into the company’s daily basis.
Here are top-5 recruitment software tools to find the best candidates shortly.
- OpenCATS is one of the free and open ATS that is used throughout the world. It works on the most popular OS and is accessible through the browser. It gives you a full list of recruitment tools: every step in the resume management, reports and tracking of the candidate on every level of the hiring process.
- iKrut is another free system that works with 20 job boards. Its unique option is creating the micro website for your business only and listing every job opening on the global site. It allows accepting or declining several candidates simultaneously by filtering them.
- JobScore is a chargeable ATS that provides free trial for the first three job openings only. After that you will pay the fee – 49$ monthly to create as many job offers as you want. One more tool this system suggests is viewing more resumes from the global database for additional payment. Its main advantage is access to more than 1 million resumes.
- SmartRecruiters is a tracking system where you have limited number of free job offers – max is 50 per month – but for 95$ a month you are free to post up to hundred job offers. This software is integrated into the social network and has much better functionality like a good support system and perfectly made design, than other systems from the list.
- Fitzii is an ATS that uses rank for the candidates. It makes the process of hiring much faster and productive. Besides, it’s completely free, and you get a plan made exactly for the size of your business in terms of helping you to get rid of unwanted resumes in a moment.
The algorithm of ATS
Every single ATS is based on several important steps:
- gathering the information about the candidate (his contacts, education, experience, career background, cover letter and resume);
- transferring the information from one element of the system to another one.
- sorting out the resumes;
- sending an automated message to the candidates;
- giving the test to candidates;
- scheduling an interview with the manager.
Smooth work and understanding
The experience shows that online hiring software helps a lot to save time on the very first automatic steps as they are done by a system and not necessary by a person. We’ve denoted that an authoritative JobScan blog emphasizes that with applicant tracking systems, there is no risk of an employer accidentally deleting the email containing the resume of the applicant the company wants to hire or misplacing a file. The system keeps the information in the database of every resume that the hiring manager may be interested in and he comes back to it any moment.
- 3 Ways to Ensure Your Resume Stands out From the Competition
- How to Write a Thank You for Applying Letter
- How to Customize Your Resume for a Specific Job
- 3 Top Tips to Improve Your Recruitment Process
- How to Perform Employee Background Checks: What You Need to Know