Your life does not just “happen.” Your thoughts literally create your life! Suppose you were laid off from your job. It’s obvious you did not create the economy leading to that event. BUT… YOU ARE in total control of how you respond to that event!
Here is what happens when we are facing a serious problem or challenge:
- You can REACT by getting anxious, sinking into depression, and just giving up. This response would obviously create a negative reality in your life.
- You can REACT by getting really angry, and venting your anger at everyone around you.
- You can instead RESPOND and use your focus and energy taking action to create a positive answer.
Reacting vs Responding
There’s a huge difference between reacting and responding.
Reacting is a “knee jerk reaction” controlled by the oldest, non-logical portion of our brain (the brain stem) — which is then further fed by the emotion you stir up with your knee-jerk reaction.
Responding, on the other hand, is focused in the higher thinking centers of your brain, which then sends signals down to the emotional centers to take control of any stress or fear.
Life does not just happen to us. It’s our REACTION OR RESPONSE to what occurs that creates our personal reality! Think about this for a moment. You really ARE in charge of creating your own life by choosing whether you react — or respond — to your challenges.
Why Choose to Respond?
For the most part we eat, sleep, work, play, laugh, worry, hope, plan, love, hate, cook, drive, work out — all with little consideration of what we are thinking — or whether we are reacting or responding,
This is not necessarily a bad thing. If we gave conscious attention to every single thought or action, we would overload our brain with unimportant decisions.
STILL — Your thoughts, reactions and responses got you where you are today. And they will continue to create all of your tomorrows.
Become a Money Magnet
Your life is a mirror reflection of exactly how you think. And financial security and prosperity do NOT just happen. You create it by responding, OR you just continue to accept the crumbs that life happens to throw your way. You want more prosperity? The place to start is by building a solid prosperity focused RESPONSE to your current life situation.
Start with a review of your current thoughts! If you want financial abundance, but constantly think about your lack of money ¬- you are focused on the wrong end of the abundance stick.
Failure to pay attention will just leave your lower brain in control and encourage fear- and anxiety-based negative knee-jerk reactions. To become a money magnet, begin TODAY to RESPOND positively to your situation — and TAKE ACTION to create a positive answer to your challenges. Give it a try, and watch your reality shift!
- Positive Energy: How to Develop it as a Leader
- Intelligent Optimism: The Power of Optimistic Thinking
- How to Become More Successful by Getting Rid of Everything Rotten in Your Life
- How to Cultivate a Positive Attitude for Business
- Master Your Money Type to Create a Life of Wealth and Freedom (Part 2)