So you now own an email list of prospects and now it’s time to begin writing your newsletter. Your objective is clearly to make money with it, right? How do you do that by having a newsletter? Here are 5 techniques to make money with a newsletter.
1. Offer Up Ad Space
Aside from selling advertising space on your website, you can offer ad space on your e-newsletter. In fact, if you have a high number of customers, then many companies will likely be more interested in buying advertising space inside your newsletter than on your website.
Newsletter advertising and marketing is even more lucrative for marketers because they can match their ad to parallel your content instead of putting a banner advertisement on a website and expecting profitable results. If, for instance, you are releasing a newsletter with the top 25 best hotels for dogs, then owners of hotels for dogs can secure ad space in that newsletter and find the right audience.
2. Insert Affiliate Ads
Replace the gaps in ad space with your own affiliate ads. Even if you’re not an affiliate marketer by trade, you can advocate for a few relevant products and fill your empty advertising space with affiliate adverts. This way you have the opportunity to earn a commission on a sale until someone buys that advertising space.
3. Product Reviews
Speaking of affiliate marketing, your newsletter is an excellent place to write product or service reviews for businesses you promote. And by all means, putting a few carefully placed affiliate links will obtain click-throughs and commissions. This is one of the primary ways I make money with a newsletter in several diverse niches.
4. Present Your Own Products
If you have your own products or services you will definitely have to sell them in your newsletter! Be cautious with this method though. You can use your newsletter to market your own products or services, nevertheless, the typical unwritten rule for newsletter content is 80 % useful content and 20 % promotion. If your newsletter resembles a walking billboard, it is going to turn off your readers and customers.
5. Develop Your Customer Base
Multiply those subscriber numbers! The more subscribers you have, the more money you will be able to pull from your newsletter. Each of the above procedures works best with more subscribers.
- Advertisers will pay more to gain a listing in a newsletter that can reach thousands of individuals in their target audience.
- You ‘ll get more money in commissions on those affiliate marketing campaigns and product reviews.
- When you do advocate your own products and services, you will be advertising to an even larger audience.
- When you are prepared to create a money making newsletter, there are a couple of things to consider.
- The first is to ensure you’re producing a quality, educational, and hopefully entertaining newsletter that people look forward to, open, check out and pass along to friends and associates.
- It is also necessary to select an editorial schedule and stick to it. If you say you’re going to publish weekly, then that is what you will need to do. This means it’s vital to be sensible about your time before you commit.
- Finally, do what you can to assess and track open rates. For whatever reason, your audience may be much more prepared to access your newsletter at 9:00 on a Monday morning than they are at 9:30 on a Wednesday morning. This info is necessary to discover.
Creating a money making newsletter isn’t really hard, but like anything that’s rewarding, it takes careful planning, commitment and the readiness to evolve and grow when events require it.
Adam Bauthues would like to invite you to visit his brand building strategies success blog, The Project Marketer! To learn even more about building a bestselling brand, please visit http://www.ProjectMarketer.com
- How to Select the Affiliate Program that Works for You
- Making Money with Affiliate Programs: What to Watch Out For
- 14- Point Holiday Season Affiliate Marketing Tips, Strategies, and Tools
- How to Start Your Own Affiliate Program
- Creating a Unique Selling Point for Your Affiliate Business