QUESTION ON How to Inexpensively Market a Wedding Invitation Business
I need help getting my wedding invitation business going. What ways can I inexpensively advertise my wedding invitation services? Thanks
Advice by Tammy Harrison
What you need, besides just a few ideas for inexpensive advertising, is a marketing plan! You need to spend some time doing research to create a plan to make your business be seen and heard, and successful!
There are some excellent resources on the web about how to create a marketing plan, and the types of things you should include in it. Running a business without a plan is like living without goals and dreams! Go directly to your favorite search engine and look up marketing plan and get that going!
There are also some excellent books that I recommend, to help you with no- or low-cost marketing:
- The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook by Jay Levison & Seth Godin
- How to Promote your Home Business by John McLain
- Shameless Marketing for Brazen Hussies by Marilyn Ross (my personal favorite)
I’d love to tell you there is one sure way that would work for you to inexpensively advertising/market your business…but, it takes so many variations of different things to really see a difference in your efforts. Business cards left everywhere you go, magnetic signs on your automobile, free message boards online, volunteering your products and services in your community….the list goes on and on!
Please, for your success, prepare (or hire someone) a marketing plan. It really makes marketing your business as easy as putting one foot in front of the other!
Best to you,
Recommended Resources on Advertising
- Creative Advertising, New Edition
- Ogilvy on Advertising
- Breakthrough Marketing Plans: How to Stop Wasting Time and Start Driving Growth
- The Ultimate Marketing Plan: Target Your Audience! Get Out Your Message! Build Your Brand!
Article originally published in April 2003. Updated February 27, 2012
Tammy Harrison is a successful home-based working mom for over five years. She holds a degree from Mizzou in Consumer Economics. Her business focuses on Marketing and Creativity for Small Businesses as well as numerous other small businesses.
- Starting a Note Card and Invitation Business
- When is the Best Time to Advertise a Service Business?
- Starting a Printing Business from Home
- What is the Most Effective Way to Advertise?
- Starting a Shoe Business at a Young Age