QUESTION ON Starting a Business With Very Little Money
First of all I would like to thank you for your service. How do I start an online business with very little money.-
Advice by Tammy Harrison
It looks to me like you need to decide what type of business you want to start. There are a wide number of opportunities to begin with depending on your taste, talent, likes/dislikes, passions, etc. I recommend sitting down with a pen and paper and listing out all of the things that you like to do. My philosophy has always been ‘if you are going to work from home, find your passion. Why live in a great home and do work that you dislike?’
After you’ve made your list, start doing searches for opportunities. One of the hottest opportunities on the web right now is publishing eNewsletters/eZines. If you are an expert and can come up with a niche, I recommend starting here. You can use your website to archive the ariticles and for people to sign up for your publications. Once you have a large subscriber base, advertisers are likely to follow and should help pay for your site and publications.
If you want to sell something, what would that be? You will need some type of way to collect payments or a shopping cart (read: money needed for investment). The opportunities are practically endless – but try to narrow it down to things you are truly passionate about.
Read the following articles:
- Starting a Business with Little Cash?
- 10 Rules for Bootstrapping Your Business
- How to Build a Business from Scratch
Best of luck,
Recommended Resources on How To Start a Business With Very Little Money
- Freesourcing: How To Start a Business with No Money
- No Cash No Fear: Entrepreneurial Secrets to Starting Any Business with No Money
- Easy Business for Women with Little or No Money
- A Fearless Guide to Starting a Profitable 5K Business: Create Immediate Income by Investing $5,000 or Less
Article originally published in March 2000. Updated March 10, 2012Tammy Harrison is a successful home-based working mom for over five years. She holds a degree from Mizzou in Consumer Economics. Her business focuses on Marketing and Creativity for Small Businesses as well as numerous other small businesses.
- How to Choose a Shopping Cart System for Your Online Store
- 10 Ways to Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment
- Top 10 Ways to Earn Money at Home
- No-Cash Strategies to Start or Grow a Business
- Managing for Bottom Line Cash Flow in Retail