Advertising is a means for getting information about your product or service to the buying public. However, you need to do it right! Here are tips on how to launch an effective advertising campaign:
Address your ad to a typical customer.
Each sentence or paragraph must be aimed at that typical shopper. So many ads are not motivation enough to tell the consumer what he needs using a profile of what is necessary. Write down the profile of the customer and emphasis when writing your ad. Make sure that you don’t miss what the patron wants as opposed to what you as the seller wants.
There must be a feeling of urgency for the buyer.
Tell your customer, “You need the product today because it will make you reach your goals.” Don’t tell your customer tomorrow; they must buy today! Urgency! Study how successful ads make the customer act now.
There must be a list of benefits.
Will you be smarter using the product? Or richer, or healthier, or faster? Focus on the client, not the advertiser. Most benefits are skillfully integrated into the ad. IT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND SPACE IN AN AD if you don’t work in benefits.
The customer must be told what to do.
Tell your customer to order now. So many ads assume that the customer will guess to write, email, or telephone for the information, or product. They may because publication ads charge by the word, but on the internet you have more words. Tell the customer what to do. Provide the customer on how to respond today in several ways.
Advertising is a complex endeavor designed to capture the attention of your target market, get them to remember you and make them do what you want them to do. Plus, advertising is comprised of loads of shiny new toys. There’s a wide array of advertising mediums that you can use, from local advertising to pay per click advertising to social media advertising to the old school newspaper advertising. Whatever medium you use, it is important to track and measure your advertising campaigns: get hard data on what works, and what you can do away with.
Make sure that you keep abreast of advertising strategies that you can use for your business. Read blogs on advertising. Read tips given on Twitter about advertising (#advertising). There are also a number of books that you can read on the topic. The key is your willingness to learn and educate yourself to make your advertising campaigns more effective.
For more information on successful advertising campaigns, read the following articles:
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Various Advertising Mediums
- How to Advertise: 13 Elements of Effective Advertising
- How to Make Your Advertising More Effective and Cost Less
- Advertising Campaigns that Get Results
Recommended Books on Successful Advertising Campaigns
- Effective Advertising: Understanding When, How, and Why Advertising Works (Marketing for a New Century)
- Advertising In A Digital Age
- Strategic Copywriting: How to Create Effective Advertising
- Local Online Marketing: Small Business Online Advertising For Retail And Service Businesses
- The 33 Ruthless Rules of Local Advertising
- How to Create a Winning Ad Campaign
- Advertising Campaigns that Get Result
- Local Marketing For Faster Small Business Growth
- Benefits of Getting Information About Your Customers
- How are You Measuring the Impact of Your Marketing?
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system