Owning a business is a dream millions long for. What’s the best thing about owning a business anyway? Well, for starters, it is YOUR business! You are your own boss and your business reflects and holds everything that you hold true.
When things are going great, it’s easy to be positive, but what can you do when you have some slow times, or when your business is not shaping into the way that you envisioned it?
In bad times, here are some tips on how to stay positive:
Take stock of the positives
Take inventory of all the good things that have happened in the past few months. Write down the challenges you have overcome, and all the successes that you’ve had (even the smallest ones) — and really appreciate them. Give yourself credit
Surround yourself with positive images
Put a “plus” sign over your desk or any symbol that conveys optimism for you. It may be a picture of your family, a religious icon, or a valuable object. Place it at eye level, so you remember to try and remain positive at all times (especially when on the phone with customers). As Peter Pan would say: “Think happy thoughts!”
Concentrate on the opportunities you still have
So often, we expend all of our energy on negative things that happen. Focusing on the future will keep you from ignoring potentially great opportunities that you might have missed while wallowing in your sorrow.
Surround yourself with positive people
If you’ve got friends in business, try to support one another in times of despair. Offer positive advice and encouragement — but, most of all, learn to accept it when it’s given to you.
See, then be.
Picture yourself succeeding again, and your chances of success will nearly double. Get into the habit of visualizing your success. Never underestimate the power of creative visualization. Use your imagination to visualize new and better ways to accomplish things.
Don’t give up.
Even the most successful entrepreneurs have experienced setbacks, so you’re not the only one. Have the courage to go on.
Recommended Books on How to Stay Positive:
- 11 Qualities of Highly Positive Thinkers: Daily Affirmations For Growth
- Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Positive Intelligence: Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential AND HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOURS
- Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
- 12-Step Template to Write an Effective Sales Letter
- How to Become More Successful by Getting Rid of Everything Rotten in Your Life
- How to Raise Money to Finance a Franchise
- Positive Energy: How to Develop it as a Leader
- Pros and Cons of Financing a Business
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system