Related Articles on Starting an Event and Meeting Planning Business:
- How to Start an Event and Meeting Planning Business
- Starting a Career in Event and Meeting Planning
- How to Start an Event Management Business
- Startup Costs and Pricing an Event and Meeting Planning Business
- Market Segments of the Event and Meeting Planning Business
- Marketing an Event and Meeting Planning Business
- 10 Ways to Market Your Event Planning Business
- How to Succeed in the Event and Meeting Planning Business
Marketing an Event Planning Business
Given that each market segment has different needs, your marketing strategy will vary depending on the market segment that you cater.
If you are focusing on social events catering to individuals, your pitch may be based on the premise that your services can release them from all the tasks required to create a great and worry-free event. By outsourcing the event to you, your customers can have more free time for their family and friends.
When marketing to public or private organizations, your main selling point should be greater efficiency for the money and a professional event without error. Groups, especially large ones, do not wish to deal with problems that arise due to oversight on their part. If the guarantee of worry-free, error-free events is available at a cost benefit to them, there really appears to be no better choice.
The two most effective marketing techniques used by other event planners include:
Event planning is a business wherein networking counts tremendously. Networking allows you to meet and know people who may refer business to you or use your service themselves. Furthermore, networking with hotels, caterers and so on will give you a chance to meet some of the people whose services you may need as you plan events. Active participation in industry meetings, chamber of commerce activities, professional organizations, among others are especially important if you are focusing on the corporate market. Community and social gatherings can expose you to potential customers who may need assistance in the planning of parties, reunions or other social events.
This is a business where your reputation precedes everything else. Clients hire only those they think they can trust, and these are event planners with reputation for honesty, integrity and ability to deliver. Connections can help open the doors for your business, so networking is extremely important to market an event and meeting planning business.
Other marketing strategies you can use are:
Advertising for an event planning business may be a more effective branding strategy, than as a way to directly get customers. Ads in local papers, telephone directories, among others can help build name recognition. Direct mail can also be used to attract new clients, albeit less effective.
A web site can allow you to reach Internet savvy customers who may not be responsive to direct mail or any other type of marketing. A site can be an effective sales tool by serving as an online brochure where potential customers and clients can read more information about the services you offer, your background, professional affiliations, client’s testimonials, and contact information.
The Washington DC-based event planning business The TCI Companies even include a “Strategy for Success” section that outlines how they work to make sure that every single event they handle is successful, complete with case studies about their most prominent clients. This type of web content instills confidence and trust to potential customers, which are the key elements in getting clients in this business.
Recommended Books on Starting an Event and Meeting Planning Business:
- Start Your Own Event Planning Business (StartUp Series)
- Event Planning: The Ultimate Guide To Successful Meetings, Corporate Events, Fundraising Galas, Conferences, Conventions, Incentives and Other Special Events
- The Complete Guide to Successful Event Planning with Companion CD-ROM REVISED 2nd Edition
- The Everything Guide to Being an Event Planner: Insider Advice on Turning Your Creative Energy into a Rewarding Career
- How to Start a Home-Based Event Planning Business, 3rd (Home-Based Business Series)
- The Event Marketing Handbook: Beyond Logistics & Planning
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system
Category: Business Ideas