We are always looking for more effective means of communication. Effective communication results in better results for business, relationships, or teams of any kind, including non-profit organizations. Now, with the invention of Internet and VOIP (Voice over IP), technology made teleconferencing via computers affordable.
Web conferences have many advantages over face-to-face meetings, or teleconferences by phone. Here are 7 ways you can save or earn money by using web conferences:
1. Save by reducing travel expenses, and time for business meetings, reducing high fees for long distance phone calls.
If you have business with various branches, lets say, a manufacturing facility, a sales showroom, a design office, you’ll spend a great amount of time and money to communicate between those branches. Coming together for a meeting includes travel expenses, both time and money. Or you might have close friends and relatives abroad. In all those instances, communicating with a web conference will save you time and money.
2. Send and share files and applications with people all over the world.
Maybe you can use teleconferences by phone for some of the above situations. But that includes only audio conference. What about being able to show them pictures, or, presentation slides? Let them see your face via webcam? You know, a picture is worth a thousand words. You can even collaborate on files, and applications through Internet.
3. Improve efficiency of your team by providing them on-job training.
In any team, the top 20% performers do 80% of the work. It might be a sales team, an affiliate/mlm downline, or even a design/production facility. If you took 1-2 hours per week to have everyone in your team, learn from the best of your team, how much more efficient and productive could your team be? Now, if you have a small team of 5-10 people, it might not be a big deal to hold a meeting, but think about having a team of more than 300 people on your team, scattered all around the world. How would you possibly hold a meeting, or a training session?
4. You can use the web conference for online live customer support.
Customer relations and satisfaction is a big issue for any business. Imagine being able to offer live support, including voice and video chat, to unlimited people. Wouldn’t your customers be more satisfied, and choose you over your competitors?
5. You can offer free web conferences within the area of your trade, to increase sales.
If you’re selling widgets, you probably know more about widgets than the average customer. Offer a free webinar titled, for example, “7 tips to select the right widget for you”, with a special offer at the end of the webinar to increase sales. This principle, giving some free knowledge to increase sales is a basic principle in 2-step direct marketing. And it applies to any kind of business, or even fund-generating charities.
6. If you’re an expert, consultant, coach, teacher, or mentor of any kind, you can also offer paid web conferences or classes, for added revenue.
Well, this is obvious. Imagine not only being able to serve to local clients that can come to your office to meet you face-to-face, but to people all over the world, even hundreds of them at a time! Could you imagine a group session with 337 people from all over the world? Right from your desktop?
7. If you find a great web conference provider, you can be their affiliate or reseller, and start earning money from the sales.
Oh yes, this VOIP business is a growing trend, and, if you are looking for a good business that you can be an affiliate or a reseller of, I recommend you to take a good look at various VOIP & web conference providers. Those who successfully promote a good web conference provider would probably be making great amounts of money in the following years.
Recommended Books on How to Use Technology for Your Small Business:
- The New Small: How a New Breed of Small Businesses Is Harnessing the Power of Emerging Technologies
- Minitrends: How Innovators & Entrepreneurs Discover & Profit From Business & Technology Trends: Between Megatrends & Microtrends Lie MINITRENDS, Emerging Business Opportunities in the New Economy
- Small Town Rules: How Big Brands and Small Businesses Can Prosper in a Connected Economy (Que Biz-Tech)
- Technology Resources for Growing Businesses
Original Publication Date: July 17, 2005
About The Author:
Category: Technology and Business