If your writing skills are not so good, or you’ve failed your English test in the high school, you may be feeling a little slighted about writing an article, report, sales copy or ebook. If it’s your case, there is a solution just for you.
Writing doesn’t have to be the hardest part of your ebook creation. You can actually hire someone to do it for you by going to a site like Elance.com and let qualified people ( Ghost-writers or freelance writers ) bid on your project. There are plenty of good writers there willing to write your ebooks for you at a discounted price.
Many novelists, Hollywood celebrities, biographers and others utilize the services of a freelance writer at some point of their careers.
So what’s a ghostwriter?
It s someone you pay to provide you with quality professional content in about any format you require.
Here is what a ghostwriter / freelancer can do for you:
- Research on the internet and other sources
- Compilation of all the information you provide them
- Professional writing that makes your ideas sound really great
- Write a compelling book that rivets a reader’s interest
- Usage of language that is apt according to the topic
- Delivering the complete packaged product version ready to sell.
All you have to do is provide them with your ideas, research, and information about your ebook then let them do the work for you.
Here are some of the advantages of letting a ghostwriter write for you:
- All the writing work and designing is easily outsourced to ghostwriters. They do all the work you get the benefit (and the profits)!
- Save time and energy that could be used efficiently in other directions.
- You keep 100% of the copyright.
- They can do the research for you.
The procedure is as follows. You have to post your project on the website. The freelancer who is interested in your project will place a bid. The cost of this work depends on the expertise required, the nature of the project and the volume of work. You are free to negotiate. Ghostwriters work mostly for themselves. If you generate repeat business for them a business relationship gets established. The ghostwriters or freelancer may then charge a lower fee for the returning client as it helps generate higher business volumes. The investment you make in hiring a ghostwriter is returned many times over and gives beneficial results. You get an excellent product made and the readers get their value for money through high quality material. This is definitely a win-win situation where you, the freelancer and the client, all are benefited.
To have an idea on how Elance works and what kind of projects people are posting, read the article How to Succeed on Elance. You can also check out other resources to hire a freelance ghostwriter, such as:
To post your project on Elance.com or any other freelance site you should first open a free account with them, and then open a bid request. Your bid request should include:
- A clear description of your project without giving a lot of details.
- Maximum Bid. This is the highest bid offer you will accept. Freelancer can bid lower to gain your business, but not higher.
- Bidding Close Date. This is the date you want to close bidding and not accept any more bids.
- The number of days the freelancer have to work on the project and deliver the final work. If you omit a deadline, then the he is under no time obligation to deliver!
Before accepting any bid you should verify that the person you are selecting is apt to handle the project effectively. You can do this by:
- Asking the ghostwriter for his references.
- Asking for a sample of his work.
- Visiting his profile page, where you can find more information about him and also what people who worked with him have to say about his work.
- How to Succeed on Elance
- Growing Your Business by Outsourcing to Freelance Marketplaces
- Project Management Best Practices
- How to Start and Succeed in Freelance Copywriting
- How to Use Ebooks for Marketing and Promotion