QUESTION on How to Market a Professional Organizer Business
I have just started a professional organizer business. However, I am unsure of how to go about trying to find clients for my professional organizer business. How I can develop a marketing strategy for professional organizer firm?
ANSWER by Yvonne Buchanan
All marketing strategies are essentially the same:
- Determine your target customer.
- Learn where your target customers “shop.”
- Meet them there with a great product or service and a strong message they can’t resist.
To find your target customer, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have current customers? If so, where did they come from?
- Can you develop a demographic profile of your target customer based on your current client list?
If you don’t yet have clients, find out who is using professional organizers and why: What need to professional organizers fulfill? Meet those needs better than your competitors, and you’re on your way to building a customer base.
I suggest you read the article Starting an Organizing Business: Getting that First Customer. Also check how the founder of the professional organizer business ClusterBusters jumpstarted the business in the article Betsy Fein: Success in the Home Organizing Business.
Good luck, Yousef. Let us know how it goes.
Recommended Books on How To Market A Professional Organizer Business:
- How to Start a Home-based Professional Organizing Business, 2nd (Home-Based Business Series)
- The Marketing Plan Handbook, 3rd Edition
- Get Rich Organizing: The Professional Organizer Survival Guide To Launch, Manage, and Grow a Profitable Business
- Organizing For a Living: How to Build a Profitable Career as a Professional Organizer
Article originally published May 2002. Updated on January 21, 2012
Yvonne Buchanan is a 20-year veteran of public relations, marketing and advertising. She teaches public relations courses online for career changers, freelancers and students through The PR Academy www.learnpr.com and is co-founder of Real-World PR www.realworldpr.com , a public relations information provider for small businesses. Real-World PR offers public relations toolkits (manual/CD combinations) that allow small business owners to create and maintain their own public relations programs.
- 10 Profitable “Go Out of Your House” Home Businesses
- Marketing to the Right Audience
- How Great Managers Capture Profit Pools
- How Moonlighting Can Help You Succeed in Your Business
- 12-Step Template to Write an Effective Sales Letter
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system