Working at a home business doesn’t always mean that you have to stay and work inside your home.
You may be running a business that require you to spend most of the time outside of your house, or meet with clients regularly. Or you may be the type who cannot survive being cooped up in your home office all day and has to be constantly surrounded by people and activities.
If you miss your office water cooler chats, you can bring your work with you and go to a place where you can socialize and work at the same time. You can go to Starbucks and work, all the while enjoying cups of coffee while watching the people go by.
If you are working in your business part-time and commute to your day job, you can use your train or bus ride to work on a few tasks. Or if you are waiting for a client who’s running late, having a computer with you can allow you to sneak in 5 or 30 minutes worth of work in your day.
Whatever your reasons, it is important to find a computer system that works best for your needs and can address your need for mobility.
Options for Working on the Go and Outside from Home
When you’re on the go or want to work outside of the home, then you need to invest in a computer system or other gadgets that will allow you to be mobile and productive at the same time. You have a number of options that you can choose from.
The smartphones today — e.g. iPhone, Blackberry and others — can be used as your most compact workhorses. You can use them to check and respond to your emails. You can also work on documents, albeit at a significantly limited screen space and very small keyboards. You can also use them to check your Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon and other social media networks. iPhones and Android phones also benefit from the vast marketplace of applications, including a wide variety of apps that you can use for business. The main downside, though, is that the battery life of these gadgets are quick to run out if you start using them for tasks like scanning business cards, writing a document or even frequently checking your Twitter or Facebook for your marketing.
Some products you may want to consider are:
- Bluetooth Headphones,HaMi Noise Cancelling Headset Wireless Stereo Earbuds with Microphone Gym Running Sports Sweatproof For Android IOS Devices
- Air Vent Smartphone Car Mount w/ Magnetic 1 Step Mounting Technology – Best Cell Phone Holder for Your Car – Compatible with all Phones
- Car Mount, Yukiss® Easy One Touch Cell Phone Mount + Dual USB 2.1A Charger Bonus, Foldable Mobile Phone Car Mount and Smartphone Car Holder for iPhone 6s Plus 6s 5s Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge S6 S5 Note 5
Notebooks are ultra light computers designed to allow you to work anywhere and be mobile. They are typically smaller than laptop computers, but pricier (especially for the high end versions). To allow these systems to be lighter, notebooks often do not have an internal floppy disk drive. It also doesn’t have the ability to use CDs or DVDs. But if you simply need it to create documents or even write your blog posts, notebook computers are a good option for being productive while on the go.
Here are some notebook computers you can use are:
- Apple A1181 Macbook 13.3 Laptop Intel C2D 2.4GHz 2GB 160GB DVDRW OSX10.5 MB403LL
- Hp Elitebook 8440p Laptop Notebook Computer – Core I5 2.4ghz – 4gb Ddr3 – 250gb HDD – Dvdrw
- Dell Latitude D630 14.1-Inch Notebook PC (Windows XP Professional-32bit) – Silver
Laptops are often bigger than notebooks, and as the name suggests, best used for working with the computer sitting on your lap. It is often larger and heavier than notebook computers, but is more powerful and with more features. They have better graphic systems than notebooks. Laptops are easier to upgrade, and they have internal CD or DVD drives.
Here are some laptop computers to consider:
- HP 15-ay011nr 15.6″ Full-HD Laptop (6th Generation Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) with Windows 10
- Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (6th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ Processor up to 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Windows 10)
- Apple MacBook Pro MF839LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB Hard Drive, OS X Yosemite)
Tablet PCs such as the iPad offers compact, convertible design that makes it easy to use the computer even in small spaces. Next to smart phones, tablet PCs are the most mobile, which is akin to taking a notebook and a pen. And just like a notebook, most tablet PCs offer the feature that converts your handwriting into text. However, they are smaller than laptops so the screen is smaller as well. Models such as the iPad have revolutionized the industry with its touch screen capabilities and multitudes of apps that significantly extends the functionality of the tablet PC.
Here are some tablet PCs to consider:
- Microsoft Surface 64GB Tablet
- Asus TP200SA-UHBF Flip Transformer Book 2-in-1 Convertible Touchscreen Ultrabook Laptop Tablet (Intel Celeron Dual-Core N3050, 2GB DDR3L 32GB eMMC + 32GB MicroSDHC, Windows 10 Home 64-Bit)
- Apple iPad Air 2 MH0W2LL/A 10-Inch 16GB HDD Tablet, Gold
Mobile Wi-fi Hotspot
Having your own access to Internet in a secure environment is a must-have for today’s businesses. If you want to work on the go, bring your own hotspot. Instead of paying Wi-fi and getting data plans for each of your devices, you can get a plan that allows you to connect multiple devices at once. You can bring your laptop, tablet and phone (including that of your children) and enjoy accessing the Web. Plus, you avoid the risk of exposing your devices to hackers by using your own secured system, instead of free Wi-fi you can get from Starbucks and other places.
Here are some wi-fi hotspot that you can consider:
- Verizon MiFi Jetpack 4620L Verizon Wireless Wi-Fi 4G LTE Hotspot Modem
- Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot
- GlocalMe G2 4G Global Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot With Annual Global Unlimited Data Plan Featuring SIM-Free, Free Roaming and Advanced Smart UI For Worldwide Travel Internet Access
Choose the best mobile computing system for you, equip it with mobile Internet broadband — and you’re on your way to a flexible working environment.
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system