If you want to know how to rank well in Yahoo, read this very insightful interview with Priyank Garg, director of product management for Yahoo! Search Technology (YST).
Here are some tips from the interview:
- The quality of the experience of the users is the most important consideration.
- Quality is much more important than quantity when it comes to links.
- Anchor texts are important
- Given the concern about buying links, Yahoo apparently does not automatically discount paid links if their algorithm shows that those links add to the user experience.
- Use Yahoo Site Explorer to gain some insights on the workings of Yahoo search
Read the complete interview