Is there enough time in your day for fun? Are you able to find moments to laugh at the little things? Are you able to see the joy in your job, you family, and your friends?
Or, are you too focused on getting things done rather than focusing on what’s important to you? Are you too busy checking off items on your to-do list? Are you unable to remember the last time you had fun?
Fun is what brightens our world. It gives us a reason to get out of bed everyday. It improves our health, mental well-being, and self-confidence. You can not feel bad about the things we should be doing when we are having fun every day.
Would you like to have more fun? Follow these easy steps:
1. Acknowledge that You are not Having Fun.
The first step to having fun is admitting that fun is missing. Once you know it’s gone, you can take steps to put it back in.
2. Recognize that Life is Too Short.
We say that we understand this, but sometimes our actions are not consistent with our words. If we really understood that we may not be here tomorrow, we would do everything in our power to enjoy today.
3. Realize that We All Make Mistakes.
Sometimes we cannot have fun because of guilt we feel from past mistakes. All your guilt does is prevent you from moving forward. It does not matter what you did yesterday. You did the best you could and you should congratulate yourself for trying. Put it behind you so you can be free to enjoy the future.
4. Spend Time Around Kids.
There is nothing that fills the heart more than watching kids. (Usually) They enjoy life to the fullest and they do so without inhibitions or restraints. They laugh because they want to. They run because they want to. They roll in the mud, snow, grass, etc. because it feels good. Imagine if you could incorporate that kind of freedom into your day. I bet it would be different.
5. Delegate Or Eliminate.
If the day to day tasks are weighing you down, find ways around them. Are you asking for help with the chores, or are you doing everything yourself? What can you order online so you don’t have to go to the store? And, who can you hire to help with the cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. Yes these things cost money, but do you think that not having fun is costing you more!
6. Schedule Time for Fun.
In the beginning you may have to put fun into your calendar until you are used to having it in your life again. I know this may sound funny, but old habits die hard and your goal is to acquire new habits. After a while you will find that fun will become a daily part of who you are. But, in the meantime, you may have to put in some discipline.
7. Reward Yourself for Having Fun.
Guess how you do this? With more fun!
So, are you ready to find time for fun? In return, you bring joy, love, passion, and intimacy into your life. You will find that you are enjoying yourself more. Your friends and family will want to be around you because there’s something about you that makes them feel really good about themselves. Imagine being able to give them the gift of a fun you? So, will you make time for fun today?
Recommended Books on Having Fun While Being an Entrepreneur:
- Heart, Smarts, Guts, and Luck: What It Takes to Be an Entrepreneur and Build a Great Business
- Values-Driven Business: How to Change the World, Make Money, and Have Fun (Social Venture Network)
- What’s Next . . . For You?: The Gussin Guide to Big Changes, Big Decisions, and Big Fun
- The 200 Best Home Businesses: Easy To Start, Fun To Run, Highly Profitable
- 301 Ways to Have Fun at Work
About the Author:
- 6 Powerful Law of Attraction Quotes to Help You Change Your Life!
- Making Time for Your Family When Working at Home
- How Entrepreneurs Can Find More Time
- 3 Tips to Help Business Owners Live Life and Have Fun
- How to Balance Life and Work