[tweetmeme]Whether you have an MBA or are starting your own business before finishing your undergraduate work, there’s more to learn about business than what you get out of classes and textbooks. Supplement your traditional coursework — and even your own experience — by listening to these innovative, insightful and gutsy business leaders who’ve got a lot to teach you about venture capital, collaboration, the new culture of leadership, and more.
These lectures tackle topics in entrepreneurship, from appealing to the consumer to making great pitches.
- Entrepreneurs: Four entrepreneurs share their journeys to open a new business, and the talks inspire passion and excitement.
- Entrepreneurship and Society: This talk from UCTV is led by Tom Kemp, President and CEO of Centrify Corporation. He talks about what new ventures need in order to effectively appeal to the modern-day consumer.
- Women Entrepreneurs: Consider the differences between men and women as business leaders and owners.
- Presidential Summit on Entrepreneurship: President Obama gives a talk to an international audience on entrepreneurship and realizing the American dream.
- Entrepreneurs: Then and Now: Guy Kawasaki compares the foundation of entrepreneurial strategy during the late 1990s and what’s popular and effective now.
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship: http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/741 This lecture from MIT World features three business leaders from completely different fields but who have relied on their instincts and bold ideas to get their ideas off the ground.
- Whatever it Takes to Stay in Business: Frank Levinson encourages entrepreneurs to lose their pride, just like a baby, in order to please their customers and stay in business, whatever it takes
- New Media Entrepreneurship: http://www.uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=14965&subject=bus This talk is from 2008 but still has valuable tips on developing a good, emotional, factual pitch and going for the gold in order to move up in business.
- Behaviors of Successful Business Owners: Ron Finkelstein from Akris, LLC shares how entrepreneurs can make more money and develop productive employees, all with an efficient use of time.
- David S. Rose on pitching to VCs: In this TED lecture, serial entrepreneur David S. Rose helps you to pitch and prove yourself to venture capitalists.
Continue reading at BSchool.com