How do you know whether you can be a successful entrepreneur? While there is no surefire formula for success, studies have shown that successful entrepreneurs share these ten characteristics. Check if you possess any one of them.
1. Think success. You need to have a clear vision, of what you want to achieve. More than anything, however, you should visualize success in your mind, that you can almost feel it, touch it, or it is within your reach. As books such as The Secret tells us, clearly seeing what you want to achieve in your mind, is the first step to achieving success.
2. Be passionate with what you do. Success comes easily if you love what you do, because you will be more relentless in your pursuit of goals. Success in business is all about patience and hard work, which can only be attained, if you are passionate with your tasks and activities.
3. Focus on your strengths. Each of us has our own strengths and weaknesses. To succeed, you need to identify your strengths, and concentrate on it. Channel your efforts to areas that you do best. Seeks ways to transform your weaknesses to strength.
4. Never consider the possibility of failure. As an entrepreneur, you need to fully believe in your goals, and that you can do it. You should have a strong faith in your idea, your capabilities and yourself. However, your confidence should be balanced, with calculated risks, needed to achieve greater rewards.
5. Plan accordingly. You need to have concrete goals, that will provide the stepping stones, towards your ultimate vision. You need to plan each day, in such a way that your every action, contributes to the attainment of your vision. Put your goals into writing. Intense goal orientation, is the characteristic of every successful entrepreneur.
6. Work hard and smart! No one achieves success, just by sitting and staring at the wall every single day. Brian Tracy puts it out this way, “You work eight hours per day for survival; everything over eight hours per day is for success.”
7. Constantly look for ways to network. You are judged by the company you keep, from your management team, board of directors, and strategic partners. To succeed in business, you need to possess good networking skills, and always be alert to opportunities to expand your contacts.
8. Be willing to learn. You must be willing to ask questions, remain curious, interested and open to new knowledge. This willingness to learn becomes more crucial, given the rapid changes in technologies, and ways of doing business.
9. Persevere and have faith. No one said that the road to success is easy. Despite your good intentions and hard work, sometimes you will fail. But your courage to persist, and ability to bounce back after a disappointment, will lead you to success.
10. Discipline yourself. Self discipline is the key to success. As Thomas Huxley once said, “Do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you like it or not.”
Read the full article 10 Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs