- Assess How Your Home Business Contributed to Your Goals
- Review your Customer Acquisition and Retention Strategies
- Analyze the Financial Numbers of Your Business
- Think of a Backup Plan for Your Business
- Analyze Your Web Analytics
- Prepare Your Mind for New Challenges Ahead
- Assess Your Marketing Strategies
- Make a List of Strategies that Worked
- Check Your Competition
- Develop Your Goals and Strategies for Next Year
- How to Start a Successful Small Business
Prepare your mind for new challenges ahead. You have already taken stock of where you are. You have thought about where you want to go. The next step is to ensure that you are in the right mindset for your entrepreneurial journey, and committing yourself to staying with it.
- Pat yourself in the back for everything you have achieved. You have shown that you’ve got the guts and intestinal fortitude to launch a business. It’s not an easy road, and at times, full of excruciating challenges. But you’re here now, and looking forward to another year. Enjoy the success you’ve already achieved!
- Clear your mind by cleaning up your office space. Take the holiday downtime to clean up your desk or office space. Organize your work area to help improve your productivity as you prepare for the coming year. Clear your desk area, sort the papers and file them accordingly. Wipe your office equipment such as computer, printers, faxes and scanners. If clutter and papers or magazines piling up is a problem, discard items you don’t need or find ways to store them and keep them off your table.
- Make a list of tools, equipment and items that can help improve your productivity and ensure the continuity of your business.
- Refocus and think about the things that are really important to you. Understand what you want to achieve with your life, and how this business can help you get there.
- Commit yourself to success. There will be a lot of challenges ahead, so you need to be motivated and convinced that you’re in this entrepreneurial journey for the long run and that this business is indeed what you want to do. If it will help you, splurge on a journal and write things down, from your fears, doubts, or ideas. Writing your thoughts can help you see things clearly and weed out the important things from the unnecessary things.