Experts say that cutting marketing in tough times is a bad idea. When the going gets tough, businesses must work harder to market their businesses. In fact, they advice that now is the time to pull out all the stops in marketing. After all, it’s survival times.
While there is no magic number as to how much a business must spend for marketing efforts, here are some strategies to help your business attract and grow customers during the recession:
- Set benchmarks for your marketing and make sure you can support the new customers that your marketing efforts will attract.
- Ensure quality first. While you don’t have to wait for perfection, try your best to ensure that customers will love what you deliver. Otherwise, your marketing efforts will just be in vain.
- Understand how your previous and current customers are finding you.
- Keep wooing your current customers.
- Think of additional products or services that you can offer them. They already know your business, and it will be easier to convince them to buy more.
- Look back and use strategies that worked for you well in the past.
- Do a little investigation to see what strategies your competitors are using. You might be able to use some of those strategies as well.