I’ve previously written about the common mistakes of startup entrepreneurs in the article Top 10 Home Business Mistakes. However, it is also interesting to see what other authors and experts consider as the most common mistakes small owners make:
Maria De Lourdes Sobrino, Founder and CEO of Lulu’s Dessert Corporation and the author of Thriving Latina Entrepreneurs in America considers the following as the most common mistakes made by Latinas:
CNNMoney.com considers the following as 5 deadly mistakes when starting a business
- Too little cash
- Thinking small
- Skimping on tech
- Underestimating the importance of sales
- Losing focus
Microsoft Small Business Center lists 7 biggest mistakes of business startups
- Driving a fire engine without a route.
- Selling way too cheap
- Starting a business just for the thrill of it.
- Clueless about marketing
- Being a pal instead of a boss
- Blowing through your capital.
- Overlooking your loved ones.
Different lists, but basically the same ideas. Let me know if you have any favorite lists of small business startup mistakes.