PowerHomeBiz.com has finally created its page on the social networking site Facebook today. It will be fun to connect to home business entrepreneurs and those who are thinking of starting their own businesses.
Initially, the PowerHomeBiz.com page will feature feeds from this blog, our recent articles and hopefully contribution from fans and other users. Later, we will offer free downloads to courses and ebooks we’ve developed.
I was inspired to create my own profile, as well as that of PowerHomeBiz.com’s page on Facebook from an article I read on eM+C magazine. The article was an interview with Chad Ciesil of the marketing firm WhittmanHart Interactive on tips for entering the social media space, and here are the tips given:
- Basic rule: Listen to your consumers and let them be your guide.
- Define your consumer; don’t create an experience that will please everyone
- Narrow your focus based on who are your heavy users and influencers
- Understand how your consumers live and peruse social media
- Become a valued participant in your consumer’s social media experience
- Engage in the dialogue to positively influence consumer perceptions of your brand
- Faciliate conversation with your consumers in a relaxed and friendly manner
- Be friendly, be fun, be interesting, be unique
- Learn how to identify your brand enthusiasts and pull them further into your brand
- Experiment, explore and navigate
That’s a long list of things to remember, but I hope our Facebook interaction will be a blast! So I hope that you visit the page and connect to me as well as to the PowerHomeBiz.com page in Facebook.