Website owners are always faced with challenges, such as:
- Why can’t I get traffic to my site?
- Why are my sales so poor?
- Why are my sales poor when I have lots of traffic coming to my site?
- Why are my advertising revenue so low?
If you have extensive knowledge about how the Web works, savvy about online marketing, and loves to analyze web metrics, you can earn money by reviewing other web sites. Think of yourself more as a consultant who is willing to look at the website as a whole and analyze why it is working or why it is not. This type of service goes beyond SEO or internet marketing, but offers a comprehensive view of the website performance and troubleshoot problems
One example of such service is SambayReviews.com, where for $95, they will review your site design, usability and marketing effectiveness. Their review outline can give you an idea of how a site review can be done.
You can also choose to simply include website review as one of the services offered by your existing business. Ediwriter.com, for example, is a professional copywriting firm with site review as one of their services.
However, it is important to note that there are forums, Q&A sites or blogs that offer website reviews for FREE. In Yahoo Answers, for example, one of the common questions in the search engine optimization section is to review the asker’s website. Hence, for your paid service to succeed, you need to provide an in-depth analysis, not just cosmetic reviews that they can get from YA or other forums.
To make your PAID website review successful, here are my suggestions:
- Focus on usability analysis.from navigation architecture to credibility and flow of the site
- Analysis of web metrics such as funnel analysis to show how a person goes from one page to the goal of the site (e.g. purchase page or advertising order)
- Search engine optimization analysis focusing on on-page factors and link analysis
- Conversion analysis to help the site owner finetune elements of the site to improve sales and turn visitors to buyersIf you will give any of the above, then you can definitely charge for your review.