With a newborn in the household, I get to watch a lot of late-night infomercials and shopping channels. I have since developed a fascination for these types of shows and the products featured, particularly after reading an article that QVC’s base target sales rate is in the range of $6,000 per minute!
If you have a new product or want to reach the largest possible audience, TV is an extremely good medium, with infomercials delivering an effective cost-effective advertising. Both infomercials and shopping shows can significantly increase sales of your product, build brand names, and are the best way to introduce new products to the market.
But before you start contacting the producers of these shows, you need to ask yourself these questions:
- Does your product show well on TV?
- Does your product address a need or solve a problem?
- Have you thought how you will demonstrate your product to show its usefulness to the audience?
- Does your product appeal to a mass audience?
- Are your products ready for shipping?
- Are your scripts ready?
- For infomercials, are the mechanisms such as call center in place to accept the orders?
- Do you have testimonials to further convince viewers that your product delivers what it promises?
Showing your products on TV is hard work, and takes an enormous amount of time and preparation. But the results can be well worth it — if you have the right products to show.