As a business owner, it is important is to keep customers happy. Give customers what they want, and your business will thrive. As such, having a plan on how to actually provide great customer service is a must.
If you are selling online, here are the elements of an effective customer service plan:
- Contact Us section that either provides a form to allow for easy contact or email address for contacting you — and you actually respond to it
- Customer service contact telephone number (better yet, a 1-800 number) located in your homepage, or even in all your pages. If you can offer live chat capabilities, so much the better.
- List of hours when customers can contact you
- Inventory status notification – don’t put that the item is available when the customer has to wait 2 months to get the item because it is out of stock
- Quick and easy checkout process
- Clear returns policy
- Fast shipment of items, possibly between 3-to-5 business days
- Notification of status of shipment of the items via email