ChiefMarketer.com has a very interesting article that summarizes the essential elements of an effective press release. I’ve read a lot of articles on how to make your press release stand out and get noticed, but this article does a good job in outlining the strategies to ensure better pickup of your press releases:
- Set an objective – who do you want to read your release?
- Make your story relevant and real – how is your business revolutionizing the industry and what sets you apart from your competitors?
- Sell your company – what makes your organization unique?
- Drop names – they can give added credibility to your release
- Punch up the headline – the headline is what sells
- Provide hard numbers – stats grab attention
- Cater to reporters – give them all the information they need and make it easy for them to write about your business
- Remember the basics
You can read the article at ChiefMarketer.com