Wall Street Journal has an interesting article on how a website can improve its visibility in the search engines. The article describes the specific steps used by Bankrate.com, which any small business can easily adapt to our own websites.
The suggestions include:
- Focus each page on one theme
- Know what you want visitors to do
- Study your traffic data for trends
- Make your site easy to navigate
- Use free tools from search engines
Read the full Wall Street Journal article “Raising Your Profile: Beyond the Basics”