The new book The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work and Team with Positive Energy by Jon Gordon joins a long list of books that provides a road map to achieve success.
What sets the book apart and makes it interesting is its use of a business fable approach. The main character, George, is experiencing troubles in his personal and business life. To make matters worse, his car broke down. He was forced to commute and ride the bus. And the characters he met in the bus from the driver to other passengers showed him the techniques to cultivate positive energy he needs to steer his life to success.
The author calls his techniques “The Energy Bus Action Plan” and these are:
- Create your vision: develop a vision for where you want your bus to go
- Fuel your vision with purpose: associate your vision with bigger and larger purpose
- Write down your vision/purpose statement
- Focus on your vision: even visualize your vision
- Zoom focus: write the action steps you need to achieve your vision
- Get on the bus: identify who else can help you implement your action plans
- Fuel the ride with positive energy and enthusiasm: cultivate a culture of positive energy
- Post a sign that says “No energy vampires allowed”: take out of the bus those who creates negative energy around you
- Navigate adversity and potholes: there will be challenges and you need to be prepared to overcome them
- Love your passengers: as you drive towards your vision and purpose, bring out the best in your employees and partners
- Have fun and enjoy the ride: every journey should be fun