Catalog Success magazine offers interesting tips on how your ecommerce business can use customer testimonials and reviews, which if used properly can be powerful conversion tools:
- Given that the hardest part is starting out, encourage customers to leave reviews by promoting them through contests until they become self perpetuating.
- Feature your customer reviews in your promotions, such as email campaigns and other promotional activities
- Build a separate domain for customer reviews and take advantage of double exposure by linking it to your product pages
- Allow customer in their reviews to include and post pictures
- Don’t censor negative reviews as it can help you improve the products
- Use customer reviews across channels