We know that the Internet has opened a lot of doors for home-based businesses. But it’s just fun to see some statistics on how Internet affects home-based businesses.
An SBA entitled “The Impact of Location on Net Income: A Comparison of Homebased and Non-homebased Sole Proprietors” included some interesting market research data on home business owners and the Internet:
- Home based firms using the Internet are growing 46% faster and surviving longer than home-based firms not using the technology
- Over 70% of US adults “believe that the Internet has made it easier to start a small business”
- Web sites generate business leads for 81%
- 77% believe a website helped to make them more competitive
- 55% thought that having a website “helped their company weather economic downturns”