Costco Connection, the monthly magazine of the warehouse club Costco, has a very interesting article entitled”Tips from the Top: Selling for the Non-Salesperson” in their January issue. The article is a collection of tips from the top sales guru. While most we already know, it is also useful to be reminded of them again:
- Selling is about helping your clients
- Listen to your customers: they will tell you how to make them successful and grow your business
- Tell everyone you know what you do: referrals can come from the most unlikely sources
- Customers don’t want to be sold: so stop selling and start solving the customer’s problems, needs and wants
- To be successful in sales, learning to operate outside this comfort zone is a must!
- One of the most common mistakes people make when presenting is being too informative versus being persuasitve
- To close more sales and have more satisfied customers, business people must understand what their prospects want.
- The greatest weakness of businesspeople today is that they are product centered, not people oriented.