Branding may be a marketing concept that is more commonly used by the big boys rather than small businesses, but it is an important ingredient in the success of a product. ChiefMarketer.com has an interesting article on the new rules of branding that even small businesses should consider:
- Brands that influence culture sell more; culture is the new catalyst for growth.
- A brand with no point of view has no point; full-flavor branding is in, vanilla is out.
- Today’s consumer is leading from the front; this is the smartest generation to have ever walked the planet.
- Customize wherever and whenever you can; customization is tomorrow’s killer whale.
- Forget the transaction, just give me an experience; the mandate is simple: Wow them every day, every way.
- Deliver clarity at point of purchase; be obsessive about presentation.
- You are only as good as your weakest link; do you know where you’re vulnerable?
- Social responsibility is no longer an option; what’s your cause, what’s your contribution?
- Pulse, pace, and passion really make a difference; had your heartbeat checked recently?
- Innovation is the new boardroom favorite.
Read the full article