I am almost done with my online shopping for Christmas, 100% of which was done online. I just find it so much easier to jump from one website to another and shop — something that is very hard to do in the mall when you have 2 toddlers pulling you in all directions.
But the shopping season is still underway. If you are operating an ecommerce site and want a piece of the increasingly massive online shopping ca-ching, we have some tips to grow your holiday selling by leaps and bounds:
1. Analyze your past holiday selling experiences.
2. Plan your promotional activities for the period.
3. Get your website ready.
4. Clarify your holiday hours and shipping information.
5. Check your inventory to ensure that only available items are posted on your site.
6. Get positive reviews from shopping comparison sites.
7. Tap the blogosphere.
8. Use transactional emails to cross-sell your products.
For details, read the article “8 Tips to Holiday Online Selling”