If you are thinking of starting a limousine business, I suggest you start by researching and thinking through the business. It is best if you put everything together in a business plan.
Palo Alto software has a sample business plan for the limousine service, but it is not included in the free samples they provide. It is only available when you buy their product:
There are a number of things you need to consider:
- What is the type of limo that is right for the business you are envisioning, taking into consideration the different makes and models available in the market
- Should you buy or lease? Should you use brand new or used limousines? More importantly, how much is your capital?
- Make sure to get limousine insurance.
- Determine how are you going to reach your target market and market as well as advertise the business
- Know the permits and licenses you will need
- How are you going to hire, train and get the license for your chauffeurs
- How do you maintain your limo fleet, including parts and supplies
- How will you price your services? What is the ongoing rate in the market today?
- What to expect on expenses, especially with the rising cost of gasoline
To give you more information on starting a limousine service, here are some resources and books:
National Limousine Association http://www.limo.org/
Limousine Industry Discussion Group http://limos.infopop.cc/eve
How to Start and Operate a Limousine Service (Plastic Comb) by Randell Nyborg
Wheels of Gold: A Complete How-To Guide for Starting a Million Dollar Limousine Business — by William J. Goerl
How to Start a Limousine Business — by Don Hill