I was just thinking of signing up for an advanced web analytics tool for WomenHomeBusiness.com (our current web stats software only gives us the basic), but Google just released their Google Analytics tool. It is by far the BEST analytics software that I know of that is free.
Some of the features that I like:
– it’s able to track basic visitor information
– it provides conversion information from your Google Adwords account, as well as track performance of banner campaigns, email campaigns, etc.
– it allows you to create groups or sections of your websites and track statistics on this particular group
– it tracks clicks on your outbound links
– it allows you to track the visitor’s progress towards a predetermined goal (e.g. signing up the newsletter, ecommerce sale, etc)
– tracks PDF, flash and other files downloaded from your website
Great features for a great price, so what could you ask for more? (well, ok, I would want to see how many clicks each link of a webpage gets – a feature that is available in the $20,000+ HBX web analytics software). Just to clarify on the “free” – here’s the skinny from their Help section
This free version is limited to 5 million pageviews a month – however, users with an active Google AdWords account are given unlimited pageview tracking.
Go to Google Analytics to check it out