Business 2.0 magazine’s new issue focuses on the hottest new trends that are deemed to “shape the future of your business.” The author speculates on how it will be to do business in 2008, and here’s what he came up with:
1. Shrinking pool of skilled workers in the US mean that you may work harder in retaining your management and creative people (relevant if you have employees)
2. Tap into consumer passion by looking for your most engaged customers and provide the tools to channel their creativity
3. In this networked age, business gets a “nervous system” where you can enjoy insight into customer behaviour and critical business processes
4. Hedge funds taking increasing risks mean entrepreneurs need to know other sources of funding such as angel investors
5. Old ideas are back again and thus, opportunities abound.